Part Time/On Call Positions
Spring Outdoor Education Facilitators - Open
Supervisor: Director of Outdoor Education
Status: Extra On-Call
Coordinate and conduct assigned outdoor education actives including, but not limited to the Challenge Course Program and Outdoor School Programs.
1. Challenge Course Program
- Create an environment that leads the group toward its desired outcome.
- Use the philosophy of “Challenge by Choice” and “Full Value Contract” to help develop an environment that is supportive, open, honest and encouraging.
- Lead games, initiatives and elements for groups ranging from 8 to 20 participants.
- Lead briefing and debriefing sessions with each group and for each activity.
- Observe group’s responses to each challenge and formulate appropriate questions to encourage group learning and growth throughout the day.
- Teach and enforce the Camp Arnold safety standards in accordance with written operational procedures.
- Inspect all equipment, hardware, elements and environment for damage before and after each use and report any damage on a maintenance form and return to the Director of OE.
- Communicate clearly all safety procedures and standards to participants for each activity.
- Be attentive to surroundings and participants needs during all activities.
- Be aware of any medical/ physical conditions noted on participants medical form.
- Fill out all necessary paper work including course evaluations, rope and equipment logs, incident report forms, and maintenance forms prior to clocking out.
- Keep a Challenge Course Portfolio current for personal and professional development.
2. Outdoor School Program
- Lead and teach OE classes based on Camp Arnold's OE curriculum
- Be able to teach multiple classes at the 5th & 6th grade level.
- Have the ability to adapt and be flexible within the curriculum and schedule.
- Have a working understanding of the natural environment and be willing to further that knowledge outside of work.
- Have the ability to work and have fun with elementary and middle school students in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Be teachable.
- Must participate in training sessions prior to working with clients.
- Ability to perform any and all other duties assigned by the Director of OE that are within the facilitator’s scope of training.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this job please use the application below to apply. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. If you have any further questions please contact the Director of Outdoor Education. Thanks