Whether you are applying for a job or hosting an event at Camp Arnold we thinks it’s important that you know who we are.
The Salvation Army is a part of the Christian church. Our doctrines and positional statements share what we believe theologically and what we practice practically. Below you will find our doctrines as well as a link to see our Positional Statements. If you have any questions please let me know. If I’m unable to answer questions pertaining to these topics I can direct you to the people who can.
As you read through the doctrines and evaluate your position and your personal belief in God I would encourage you to take action if you don’t already have a relationship with God. He is a God who loves you completely, passionately and perfectly and has a plan for your life. If you have questions about how to begin that relationship with God please feel free to contact me!
God bless you!
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that there is only one God who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
- We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead – the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
- We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
- We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocence, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall, all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be saved.
- We believe that repentance toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary to salvation.
- We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that He that believeth hath the witness in Himself.
- We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
- We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the immortality of the soul; in the resurrection of the body; in the general judgment at the end of the world; in the eternal happiness of the righteous; and in the endless punishment of the wicked.
Salvation Army Positional Statements
Please click the link below to be directed to our International Headquarters site in London, England. The Positional Statements can be found there in a variety of languages.